tunafishes

Ambidextrus mechanical manipulations of the physical properties of existence

Monday, October 09, 2006

Thanksgiving how's about that.

To Frank, a friend to all...

We spent most of the day outdoors enjoying the Gatineau Hills. A family hike through the populated woods. Le domaine Mackenzie was where I found out that Frank Plummer had passed away. Mag ran into a co-worker who proceeded to tell me about the tragedy.
Evidently, I missed the funeral; so I spent the day thinking about him in my own way. I started to remember things I had not thought about for a long time. Frank and I had worked together as couriers for a brief stint in '01.
Recently fired from my last job and with a home-made mail bag over my shoulder, I was a real greenhorn. The training wheels had not been off my bike for too long. After a few days of work I was starting to meet my fellow bike messengers. Frank was one of the first, and most memorable people I had the pleasure of meeting through the profession.
He was a man who was sure of himself and did things his way, which worked quite well apparently. My last day of work for that company was during the G12 Summit. I refused to wear the company uniform and went on to my last drop for the day. Frank did not like the uniforms either and he understood my leaving the company. We would often cross paths on Bank street or at the Canadian Tire on Kent street (before it closed, much to our chagrin).
I was inspired by the man. Frank was an example of a truly joyful and versatile individual. He took pride in his work and valued his friendships. I will always remember his somewhat scathing sense of humor and his ability to keep me laughing for so long that I would bust up and require stiches. I will surely miss him. My thoughts are with his family.

Love and respect to you all.

2 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger zoom said...

Such a touching first post Rejean. Thank you for sharing it.

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi It's Sophie I was at knit nut .net and I hadn't been on this site before so I decided to come it was really nice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home